Search This Blog

Note to Readers

The majority of the text on this blog is written by Hikaru, a ball jointed doll. Try not to question it. The text written in pink font is commentary from Hikaru's human friend, Anna. Basically Hikaru does most of the writing and Anna keeps her from getting too out of hand.

Featured Post

Early Christmas Presents

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

Anna successfully completed another round of sewing in her little blog challenge.  Which means more delightful articles of clothing for our little Usagi, or so I thought.

What did Anna sew this week you ask?  Mini-skirts. 

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

Mini-skirts!

They are barely long enough to be called a skirt if you ask me. 

(Hikaru we didn’t ask you, and they aren’t that bad, and they look cute on Usagi and if you would try one they would look adorable on you too.  Now let’s get on with it.)

Humph!

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

Well then, the first “skirt” is made actually out of the same fabric as one of my dresses (See Of Bjd Fashion: Dresses to Sew and a Tutorial) and my favorite skirt (See Of Bjd Fashion: Circle Skirts).  Now that’s a skirt that is actually long enough to be called one. 

Anyway, it is trimmed with the same lovely lace as my pieces, and I suppose Usagi does look sweet wearing it.

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

The next skirt is made from the same fabric as my favorite dress (see It's Finish! And It's Gorgeous!).  I would almost swear Anna is intentionally using fabric from my favorite clothing just to make me accept these pieces. 

Anyway, it uses the same lovely lace and the color works well with Usagi’s summery top.

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

This red skirt is different from the others.  Although it is thankfully longer, it is a bit plainer. 

I’m surprised at Anna, she could at least have added some lace or a pocket.  The design is dependent on the somewhat bright pattern.  I suppose it would be appropriate for the upcoming holiday.

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

This final skirt is made from fabric similar to what was used for both my favorite dress and skirt.  The off-white floral is gorgeous.  If only it were at least a centimeter or two longer, maybe I could try…no, nothing.

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

After some consideration, I suppose the shorter skirt isn’t a completely terrible idea.  At least it isn’t on Usagi, they seem to suit her, at long as behaves herself while wearing them. 

As for myself though, it is simply out of the question.  I absolutely will not wear something that short, and that’s my final say on the matter.

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

“But Hikaru, we made one for you too!”

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

“I asked Anna to so we could dress up together. :)”

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

You will wear it right? :)”

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

…. …..

Of Bjd Fashion: Mini-Skirts?!

…I seem to be in a dilemma.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant comments are always welcome and appreciated.

But please, no anti-doll comments. They are unnecessary and a bit rude. We understand that some people find dolls creepy or weird, but this is a "doll blog" that is intended for those who enjoy dolls. If you dislike dolls that much, don't waste your time reading doll blogs.